8.18.2011

Letting the cat out of the bag!

I am terrible at keeping secrets, not other peoples secrets, just my own!  Originally we were going to wait to share our news until "things" were more concrete but I just cannot contain myself any longer.  So here is the story:

Once a month, or so, our adoption placing agency sends out an email of children that were not able to be matched with a family and that will go on to the waiting child photolisting(on their public website).  In June we received one of these emails.  I scrolled through  the email and looked at these sweet faces with their gorgeous, almond shaped eyes looking back.  I read their short "biographies" and smiled at their beautiful faces.  As I came upon the last picture...ok, cliche here....my heart actually skipped a beat.  I felt, right then and there, like I was looking at my daughter.  It is hard not to feel something for every child you see on that photolisting but this one was definitely different.  My daughter took one look at her and said,"That is my little sister!"  Unfortunately, this little girl was only 6 months younger than our baby and our agency prefers to keep 9-12 months between the youngest child at home and the adopted child.  I contacted our agency anyway and a few days later we were told that she would have to be on the photolisting for quite a while before they would consider us.  Heartbroken, but trusting in God.
I prayed for this little girl to find her forever family and I went to our agency's website daily hoping to see the words " I have a family" typed across her picture.  After a few weeks of not seeing this I couldn't stand it anymore and I contacted our agency again.  I needed to know what "quite a while" meant.  Were we looking at weeks or months until we could ask to reveiw her file and be considered to be her forever family?  The day after I sent the email I did see the words "no longer accepting requests" on her picture.  This means that many families have asked for her file and generally within a few days to a week she would have a family.  I admit to having a slight pang of sadness that she wouldn't be ours but then I went on to Praise The Lord that she would be home with her family in a few months.  Our agency did eventually get back to me saying that they just weren't willing to make an exception about the age difference at that time but they would note our interest in her file.  Rejected again.
I continued to go to the website daily waiting for those words so I could rejoice in the Lord for this precious little blessing.  Nothing.  About a week later, on August 15th I received an email from our agency asking us if we were still interested in this little girl!!!  UM...YEAH, we are still interested!  We received her medical file on August 17th along with more pictures.  I am so in love with this girl and the feeling is mutual throughout our home!  We will be sending her file to a couple doctors that can go through her medical needs and tell us what to expect.  Once that is done we let our agency know if we are still interested (I have no doubt we will be) and then they go to committee.  This is where they take all families interested in her and decide what will be the best home for her.  This will still happen even if we are the only family going to committee. 
So, now we wait and dream of our sweet little girl.  Yes, we consider her ours right now.  We know it will be difficult if they tell us no but we also know that God has a wonderful plan for her and His will, will be done!  Please keep our family in your prayers and the fate of this child.  Thank you.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment