8.01.2011

Did you miss me? :)

I am back from my internet hiatus.  Ok, so I didn't actually do very well, but I learned a lot and still spent much less time on the computer than usual.  I learned that I have an amazing group of family and friends on Facebook.  I do not have to deal with any drama which is a huge blessing as I know many of my friends do struggle with that.  Facebook is a great way for my family to keep in touch with our family in various parts of the US and our wonderful friends we have met over the years at different military installations.  It is also the first place I go when I need prayers!  So, no more "facebook fasting" for us.  Instead, it will be everything in moderation!
We have set up some new rules regarding electronics and just plain got rid of some temptations.  We had 2 computers set up in the house, now we are down to one.  We will be selling our Nintendo DS's...anyone interested???  The children are now given a certain amount of time to spend on the computer (when it is for entertainment) and the Wii.  They get 120 minutes that starts Friday evening and ends Sunday evening.  Once they have used those minutes that is it until the next weekend...oh...and no rollover minutes!  LOL  No TV during the week, including movies.  We dont have cable but Trav and I do have a couple shows we watch through Hulu or Netflix.  I think that about sums it up for the electronics.  There was some slight resistance at first but it didn't last long.
The Richardson clan had a fairly eventful month and I will be blogging about it over the next couple weeks so stay tuned! Happy August!

No comments:

Post a Comment