9.26.2012

Faith

Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  Hebrews 11:1 KJV

This seems to be the verse of the day on facebook.  It could not have come at a more perfect time for me.  This whole adoption journey has been about us putting our COMPLETE faith and trust in the Lord.  It has not always been easy.  Lately it has been extremely difficult. 

Many of you know that we were turned down for two precious little Korean girls last year and one precious little girl we felt we had to say no to.  One of those girls has come home to her forever family, another one will be home in a few weeks and I am sure the last one will be home sometime in November.  It has been bittersweet following their journey while we wait and wait and wait. 

From the time we started this process we have always had the funds we needed, by God's grace.  It was always in the bank before we needed it.  This time it is not. 

Faith.  I hoped and prayed for the Lord to show us who are child was.  It took a while but He answered and showed us TWO!  Faith.  Just over a week ago I published a blog literally begging for money.  In that time we have received over $1000 in donations and an opportunity to serve our church.  No, it has not happened in my timing and we have not reached the goal that I have set but I have FAITH.  You see, I serve an AWESOME God. He knows when we will be traveling to Ghana.  He knows when my children will come home.  He knows!  Today I am once again giving it to HIM.  My complete trust and faith rest in my Heavenly Father, for He knows best.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV

Yep, He knows and the end will be exactly what I expected, my children will be in their forever home.


No comments:

Post a Comment